Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Craigslist

Craigslist. Oh, that place to sell your unwanted things and to purchase another man's trash to make your treasure. Craigslist has been good to me over my years (years?!?! sheesh time flies...), providing me with couches, dressers, TV, etc.

Well, recently it was my turn to post something to sell. A scooter. Now, you may be asking yourself, "Why would Jane sell her scooter? NYC would be a great place to have a scooter. She could get anywhere so fast and could park anywhere." Yes, all of those things are and were true. Unfortunately, the scooter hasn't been the most reliable. And the time has come for me to part ways with it. So I posted the red beauty of a scooter on Craigslist, hoping someone would want to buy it. The only people who've responded, though, have wanted to trade for it. I'm not sure where they got the idea that I wanted something of theirs. Nope, I just want to sell the scooter. But it has provided for some entertaining moments. Here are some of the things that people have offered to trade (these are copied and pasted straight from the emails, so ignore any grammatical errors).


  • I HAVE BRAND N EW NVA USED 15.4 INCH SUPER THIN CAR TRUCK OR ANYTHING 12V TV MONITOR WITH REMOTE BRAND NEW KICKER TS 10 L5 SOLOBARIC BOX THE SQUARES ND A ZX  400.1 WATT KICKER AMP (I have no clue what any of this means...)
  • Trade for a tattoo kit?  Brand new never used. How to tattoo cd included. Start a small business. Email back (Why yes, I did want to start a small tattoo business!)
These are all from the same person...Who has all of this stuff?!
  • paintball gun
  • key chain digital camera 
  • Grand father Clock
  • air tools, impact hammer, air saw, and drill
  • car neons 1, 12in bar 4, 24 in strips, and 12 solid lights balls for under or inside the car all of them are blue
  • weider weight bench and weights
  • nice kitchen table with 8 chairs
  • I have a size 34 police utility belt leather brand new I'm to fat for it lol It's a genuine Jay-Pee Product
  • Inside Car cover mint condition
  • electric power washer works fine 
  • peddle in place setup exercise equip
  • ab circle pro
  • lund/luna/moon truck visor
  • hope chest
  • piles of kids toys
  • tuff plastic tool box for a small/mid size truck
  • snowboard
  • tow hitch set up for under truck off of a Chevy 2500
  • 2. 6in sub boxes with speakers
  • stud finder brand new
  • brand new thermostat
  • 12lb ebonite bowling ball brand new never drilled emerald green
  • harnesses for tree trimming 
  • 2 window ac's
  • small toyota luna/lund/moon visor 
  • car stereo equalizer/booster 
So...What would you pick? Or do you want to buy my scooter? Please say yes!

1 comment:

Erin Masi said...

This cracks me up. Look at all the cool stuff you can get instead of a scooter!! Tattoo kit?! Yes please! Undrilled bowling ball? Haven't you always wanted one of those?!?