Wednesday, November 24, 2010

T is for Tuesday and Temple

Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month I get to work in the Manhattan Temple. It's beautiful, and I've really come to love it - more than I did before. I love the feelings of peace and happiness I feel there. I love the prayers that have been answered in quiet - and sometimes unexpected - moments. I love the people I work with. And I love seeing all the different people who come to do work.

Manhattan New York Temple
courtesy of lds.org

There have been so many amazing moments. There was the time when a man came to do the sealing of his grandfather to his great-grandfather. Another time, a woman who walked very slowly with a walker came to do work. She had a big smile on her face the entire time. So many people make huge sacrifices to come here, to serve those who have passed on. And time after time, I feel the love they have and the love of Heavenly Father. Today, I am grateful for the temple.

No comments: