
Halloween. How has it already come and gone? I do love Halloween. I always get excited to see how creative people get with their costumes. And NY is one place that people pull out all the stops. This year, I dressed up as Betty White in the Snickers commercial for Halloween. Twice! I even found velcro sneakers and did some make-up making me look all wrinkled. If you haven't seen this commercial, shame on you. But just because I want to give you a good laugh, click here to watch it.
The first time was for the work costume party. Sadly, I did not win. There were some pretty good costumes, and the judges had some tough decisions to make. I was quite impressed by how many people got into it.
The second round of BW was on Saturday - two parties. The first party was at the church. Usually this is the best church party/dance of the year. This year DID disappoint. Sad for us.
But luckily, my friends Kristin, Jessica and Ruth were having a party at their place in their courtyard. The cops came and broke up the party. Apparently their neighbors became tired of throwing water on us while we danced and chatted in the courtyard and resorted to more effective ways of shutting us down. (Just to note, we weren't being that loud.) When the cops showed up, they were asking where the alcohol was. I think they were pretty surprised that there wasn't any! We didn't let that deter us - we just moved inside and kept the party going.
All in all it was a great Halloween. Well done everyone!
2 comments:
I love it Jane! Perfect idea! You look great
Nice costume, Jane. That's a crack-up. Wish I could be smart and clever like you. And I wish that on Halloween I wasn't in bed at 9:00 but at a cop-busting party like you. Maybe next year I'll just be you for Halloween!
Post a Comment