Friday, February 25, 2011

All The -lands

A few weeks ago, I had this great idea. Since I love to travel (if this is news to you, you do not know me and we should become better friends), I decided I want to make it a lifelong goal to visit all the countries that end in -land. So I did a little google search, which resulted in this list:

*England (check)
*Poland
*Iceland (check)
*Greenland
*Switzerland (check)
*Finland
*Ireland (check)
*Thailand
*New Zealand
*Scotland
*Netherlands
*Swaziland

I was totally pumped for this until that last one - Swaziland. I'm not sure I really want to go there. Can any of you convince me why I should?

Also, I am hesitant about New Zealand after the earthquake. (I feel so badly for all the people there. I can't even imagine what pain and emotions they're feeling right now. What a shock to have all your necessities, family/friends, etc. taken away from you completely unanticipated. My prayers go out to all of them.)

Who wants to join in on the fun?

1 comment:

malia said...

I want to join you for the following:

*Thailand
*New Zealand

Or if you want to repeat England or Ireland, then I would be up for that too. :)