Friday, April 22, 2011

Decisions!

This week has been a hard one for me in the decision-making realm. Not hard because these decisions are life-changing, just hard because I have been incapable of deciding. I just wish someone would decide for me and tell me what to do!

One such decision came in the form of going away for Easter weekend or staying in NYC. I kept going back and forth. Going to see Josh, Jessy and Will is always fun (and a Target run is usually included). But my friends keep planning fun things in NYC for the weekend and holiday: movie night Friday ("Water for Elephants"), Saturday morning temple session and brunch, dying Easter eggs on Saturday night, and a picnic/dinner on Sunday.

Since no one can really decide for me, I enlisted the help of my friend Erin. She was to ask me a series of simple questions - "Do you like blue or red? cookies or cake? summer or winter?" Then I have to answer with the first thing that comes to mind - no hesitating. The last question asked is the things you're trying to decide between. So when it was asked, "NYC or Upstate?" I answered, "Upstate." Yay!!! I decided. But even more perfectly, was that "Should I Stay or Should I Go" by The Clash came on my 80s Pandora station (online radio). I couldn't have asked for better timing or a more fitting song.

The sad part is that I actually can no longer go Upstate to spend time with the family. So much for my efforts!

1 comment:

Madsen Family said...

I'm TERRIBLE at making decisions, too, especially non-life-altering ones. We're sad we missed you, but looking at your list, I would have chosen the city, too. Though we did dye Easter eggs....(and I did make a Target run, though EVERYTHING was picked over), but that is about as fun as we got around here. Hanging out with 3 year olds is not always the most exhilerating. Hope to see you soon, perhaps when we have something more fun planned (and Josh is here and we have a car). Love ya!