When I was at BYU, I took a calligraphy class one semester. For our final project, we had to write a scripture, using two different fonts and at least one inllumination (the fancy, decorative letters). Here is the final product, one of my favorite scriptures:
Earlier this week I was looking at it, and something just seemed off. Look closely...closer. Do you see it? I totally inverted the chapter and the verse! The reference is supposed to be 3 Nephi 13:21. I wonder if that's why I got an A- instead of an A. How did it take me seven years to figure this out I'll never know...

3 comments:
Ha! Funny. It still looks as beautiful as ever. And btw, I love that you took that class. How fun!
Add this to the list of reasons why we needed to be friends even before we met - I took that class too! But my final project was NO WHERE NEAR as nice as yours. Not a talent I have worked on since :)
Wait one minute, Jane Madsen. How was I unaware of your skills?! I would have exploited this during the wedding invite phase. I am wildly jealous--and when I move back to the city, I am going to make you teach me everything you know. You've been warned :)
Post a Comment