Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer's Here!

Happy first day of Summer everyone! Things I'm looking forward to - or have already enjoyed - about Summer:

  • Everything about Central Park - running, free Opera and NY Philharmonic performances, Shakespeare in the Park (Al Pacino is in one of the plays this year), Sunday picnics, the flowers, mid-week lunches
  • Saturdays at the beach
  • Free outdoor movies
  • Air Conditioning!
  • My birthday (July 15th for all of those who weren't aware)
  • Late nights
  • Dinners, parties, gatherings, chats on our two terraces
  • The saxophone player who practices on the rooftop of the building across the street
  • Scooter rides
  • Weekend trips (these aren't exclusive to the Summer, but I like them still the same)
  • BBQs
That's just the beginning! A few things I could eliminate from the equation, like the humidity, heat, subways, etc., but there's no place like NYC in the summer. The good and the bad.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

you sure are making me excited to move to NYC! Have a wonderful summer!

D said...

My birthday's July 16th. PARTAY!!