Monday, June 15, 2009

Lately...

It may seem that I've been on hiatus recently. And I have. Last Saturday was the first one I've had to myself (no traveling, visitors, plans, birthdays, etc.) since April! Don't get me wrong. I love all of those things. But sometimes it's nice to just have some much-needed R&R.

So, what has been going on lately? Here are just some of the things (and yes! pictures!)
Duck Beach 2009 - Corolla, NC. Four days of pure fun with friends, the beach, an amazing house and all the food and treats you could ever (or never) want to eat.

We're SO excited to be at the beach! (Sara, Jane G., Autumn, me, Adrienne)



Ashley and I

Yankees Game! Yes, this is the new stadium, which is right next to the old one. They look very similar, but the new one is just...new. bigger. nice. probably safer. And they won! Always better than losing.

Disney World with the entire Madsen family - yes, all 16 of us! It was a blast! We did the parks in the morning, pool/naps/relaxing in the afternoon, food all day long (we had this magical little card that got us into the Parks and all our food...reminded us of Dining Plus, only better!), parks again at night. We loved the Fast Passes. We loved the rides. We loved being together. Some of my favorite moments: getting caught in a torrential rainstorm with Annie, Dad and Jessy (we just had to embrace it and slide through the gushing water); ladies night (plus Nate and Josh), of course we sang Aerosmith on the bus; raffle (need I say more?!); Kasey letting all her skeletons out of the closet (I'll let her share that story); Beth and Sarah just loving being able to hang out all week together; our matching yellow shirts...and ponchos. Sadly, my camera battery died, and I forgot the charger. Alas, I do not have pictures (or very good ones) of everyone. So here are some of the pictures at least.


From the top: Will (don't you just love his face?!); Kasey and Annie post Splash Mountain; Beth in front of Cinderella's castle at the Magic Kingdom; Sam taking a nap in his stroller and his hand in the "snack trap" (that's what holds his snacks); Beth and Sarah wearing the cute Minnie Mouse outfits that Kasey made; Dad so excited to be...wearing Sarah's Minnie Mouse ears.

Back in May, I completed my very first duathlon with my roommate Adrienne and Jessy (click here for Jessy's post about this monumental excursion). It was a beautiful park where we ran a 5K, biked a 25K (a loop we did 4 times), and then ran the same 5K only backwards. I really loved doing this race and loved the bike, which was the first bike race I've done. The greatest news? We all finished and weren't last! But Ade and I did finish in fourth and third place for our age division, respectively. And Jessy won her age division! Way to go ladies!!!

Me, Jessy and Adrienne - plaques, medals and grins for the winners!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Look at you! Busy busy girl... looks like you have been having waaaaay too much fun.

Madsen Family said...

Yikes! You are one busy girl. When I look at all you do, it makes me tired. Either that means I am one old lady (which is true) or that you are way more fun than me (which is also true). It looks like you've been having fun. I'm glad I got to participate in some of the fun....'Til next time!

Our Little Fam said...

Nice job in the duathalon!! That is Great!!