Last night was one to remember! Not only did I get to go to my first-ever NHL game (that's hockey for all you sports novices), but it was the Rangers (Rang-ahs, if you're from NY) in Madison Square Garden in the playoffs! Even though the Rangers lost, I still had a blast!
Yes, I love that once in a while I am treated with free tickets/dinner/shows/swag/etc. for work. I will be forever grateful to have had so many opportunities to experience things New York because of my job that otherwise I wouldn't have done.
Some highlights for me:
- Human puck race in the second intermission: Grown men running around an obstacle course on the ice in huge suits shaped like hockey pucks (think of the sumo suits and you'll get the idea)
- The guy behind saying, "Corporate fans," as two guys left the game early when the Rangers were down 3-0
- An amazing amount of energy (some not exactly friendly/positive) that was in MSG, even if the whole crowd in unison started taunting the refs
I'm now a true Rangers fan (and pretty much a fan of any New York sports team).

1 comment:
Thanks for the link- I'm happy to know what you are up to and see you having so much fun!!!
Post a Comment