Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Beauty
What is beauty? Many people define it in various ways. One of the beautiful things I've seen recently are some of God's creations. While spending the weekend in Lake Webster, NH, I was able to enjoy scenery - real, nothing-fake-about-it nature. New York City is lacking in this department, and I had a really good time just getting out and enjoying the lake, the changing fall colors, the quiet and more simple way of life in a small town, the crisp fall air, and the list goes on. God has created all this, and every time I see nature or beautiful things I am amazed. As cliche as this is, I never knew how much I really enjoyed nature until I wasn't around it anymore. Funny how that happens. But now I especially enjoy it and take it all in when I do have the chance. One of my favorite moments was on Sunday afternoon when I was out on the edge of the lake right outside the Inn and could just see the hills, covered with trees - each one a different shade of green, yellow, orange and red. The sunlight hit the water and the trees, creating such a unique dynamic. This was a spiritual experience, being so close to and enjoying God's creation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment